The rigid foam construction has an insulating tape inner lining which supports tube and absorbs vibration of operating pipe lines. The outer cover consists of a special rubber coating which seals the cushion after installation in order to prevent condensation. It's strong closed-cell structure is ideal for liquid cooling lines to prevent condensation, save energy, and maintain the vapor barrier.
- Temperature range: -70°F to +250°F (-56.7°C to +121°C)
- Flammability is Self-Extinguishing as tested under ASTM D 635
- Maintains thermal barrier protection
- Prevents condensation
- Properly supports pipe and tube
- Absorbs vibration
- Polyurethane foam laminated with a rubber lining
CUSH-A-THERM™ INSULATION CLAMPS
ASHRAE Insulation RecommendationsCush-A-Therm is designed to meet the ASHRAE recommendations for insulation for mechanical systems which indicate that insulated pipe hangers should provide the following:
- Complete sealing of pipe against water vapor ingress
- No energy transfer of cold to supporting clamp to prevent condensation of water and possible growth of mold. If the support incasing the insulation is in contact with the pipe or tube and supported by a metallic clamp, which is not protected by insulation, below ambient temperatures will be transfer to the clamp causing energy transfer and condensation.
- No interruption of the insulation envelope
- Limit or avoid compression at support location